As the rain keeps coming and more water continues to collect we thought we’d share a few facts with you.
- Did you know that in the past 5 years, all 50 states have experienced floods or flash floods?
- Did you know that new land development can increase flood risk, especially if the construction changes natural runoff paths?
- Did you know most homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage?
- Did you know that in most cases it takes 30 days after purchase for a flood insurance policy to take effect?
- If you live in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) or high-risk area and have a Federally backed mortgage, your mortgage lender requires you to have flood insurance.
- Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause tens of thousands of dollars of damage.
- Anyone can be vulnerable to floods, people outside of mapped high-risk flood areas file nearly 25% of all National Flood Insurance Program flood insurance claims and receive one-third of Federal Disaster Assistance for flooding.
Long’s Insurance and it’s employees are proud residents of Frederick and the Carbon Valley area and the 2013 flooding hit close to home. If you have questions about if flood insurance is right for you or your business please call, write or drop in. We are happy to talk to you today.